This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following regarding your personal data, and how we’ll treat it.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Who are we?
Liquid Giraffe is a tour operator operating in Botswana. Liquid Giraffe acts as a booking agent for hotels, airlines, air charters, bus companies, ground transportation, boat purveyors or owners, and other independent contractors providing accommodation, transportation, and/or other services abroad. Liquid Giraffe is a registered company in Botswana. Our Certificate of Incorporation number is C02010/5547 and we operate from Shop # 6, Nunga Conservation, Plot 2468, Sedie, Maun, Botswana
Information we may collect from you
We collect and process the following data about you:
- If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence
- We collect personal details such as: full name as per your passport, date of birth and age, next of kin, email address, postal address or country of residence, telephone number, insurance details, passport information, details of any medical condition, names of additional passengers and their passport information, dietary requirements, passenger weights – where required for certain charter flights or ballooning
These details are kept securely and are not accessed by a third party outside Liquid Giraffe.
We never ask for nor do we keep any of your financial data such as credit card details.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us regarding your reservation. We will provide some of the information you provide to our suppliers (lodges, camps, flight companies for example) to confirm your booking
- We never divulge your personal information to a third party for marketing purposes. We may ask you to allow us to share your feedback for our own social media marketing purposes but we will always ask your permission first and we will never divulge your full name or address
Disclosure of your information
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. The only time we disclose your personal information to third parties is:
- If we’re under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use and other agreements
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of confirming your bookings, fraud protection and in some cases, credit risk reduction.
Lawful basis for processing your information
We will only use your personal information where we have your consent or because we need to use it in order to fulfil a booking contract with you. This is for a ‘legitimate interest’. Whenever we process your Personal Information under the ‘legitimate interest’ basis we make sure that we take into account your rights and interests and will not process your personal information if we feel that your information will compromised.
Some examples of where we have a legitimate interest to process your personal information are where we contact ask you for personal information (as outlined above) to confirm your booking with us and to ensure that your booking is accurate and executed to the highest standards and to your expectations.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for Liquid Giraffe’s marketing purposes. We’ll inform you if we wish to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not giving your permission when asked. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Liquid Giraffe, P.O. Box 21682, Boseja, Maun, Botswana or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org telephone +267 6801054
Our website may contain links to and from the websites of our partners. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own Privacy Policies and that we don’t accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Retaining and deleting personal data
Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. We will not hold your personal information on our systems for longer than 6 (six) years.