Liquid Giraffe Travel, as outlined in the Booking Terms below, acts as a booking agent for third party properties and services. As such, all confirmed bookings (either confirmed with a deposit or full payment) have been lodged with the relevant third party suppliers. Each supplier has its own Covid terms and conditions laid down with regard to cancelling, postponing or deferring travel and any request to cancel or defer will be bound by that supplier’s terms and conditions. In all cases, deferment is the preferred option and provides security for payments made.
Note that deferment is dependent on Covid-19 related restrictions and illnesses such as:
- Travel restrictions imposed for any duration of the travel dates in the country of origin, transit or destination.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) not revising their pandemic status before the start of travel.
- Enforced quarantine periods on arrival in country of origin or destination.
- Being prevented from boarding a flight or entering Botswana or country of travel on account of health screening results.
- A guest testing positive for coronavirus up to 30 days prior to travel.
- A guest coming into contact with a person who tested positive for coronavirus seven days before travel.
None of the above negates the requirement for guests to hold comprehensive travel insurance.
1. Liquid Giraffe Travel (“The Company”) acts as a booking agent for hotels, airlines, air charters, bus companies, ground transportation, boat purveyors or owners, and other independent contractors providing accommodation, transportation, and/or other services abroad. Each of these companies is an independent corporation with its own management and is not subject to the control of The Company, including, but not limited to, various overseas ground operators;
2. All bookings like those described above are accepted by The Company, as agent for independent overseas ground operators. The transportation, accommodations and other services provided by the ground operators are offered subject to the terms and conditions contained in the tickets, exchange orders or vouchers issued by them and/or their suppliers. As The Company does not have the right to control the operations of the independent operators and their suppliers, it cannot be liable for any personal injury or property damage which may arise out of these services.
1. Safaris are booked and confirmed only on receipt of a 25% non- refundable advance payment. (Self-drive safaris and campsite bookings: non-refundable deposit required is 50%). There shall be no binding contract until the advance payment has been received by The Company. Failure to remit your advance payment on time will result in an automatic change of status of any confirmed space to a provisional basis;
2. Unless alternative arrangements are made, the balance is due no later than sixty (60) days prior to commencement of the safari. (Self-drive safaris and campsite bookings: balance is due 90 days before start of safari). If a booking is made less than sixty (60) days before travel, the booking must be paid in full on receipt of invoice. If the balance has not been received by the stipulated date, The Company shall be entitled in its discretion to treat the reservation as cancelled, and consequently to forfeit such part of the advance payment as determined solely by The Company;
3. Any reservation made within sixty (60) days of commencement of a program may be accepted provided space is available, payment in full is received, and provided that documents can be delivered prior to departure;
4. The Company will not provide tickets, coupons, vouchers or documents until full payment has been received;
5. The Company will not accept responsibility for wire transfer of funds and/or overnight mail charges;
6. The client is responsible for all bank charges and these need to be paid by the client (sender and receiver);
7. No client will be permitted into the field without payment in full being received by The Company;
8. Payments for services at Liquid Giraffe can be made by cash, electronic bank transfer, credit card (if the cardholder is present) or by a secure online payment system via the Direct Pay Online (DPO) Group.
Cancellation and Refunds
1. Any cancellation of a booking must be in writing and shall only be effective upon its acknowledged receipt by The Company;
2. Cancellation charges shall apply in the following circumstances:
- Cancellation 60 days or more prior to safari starting date, full 25% advance payment is forfeited (or 50% if self-drive camping safari). If scheduled airline tickets have been reserved, payment for these will also be forfeited unless tickets have been issued on a refundable basis;
- Cancellation less than 60 days prior to safari starting date, or less prior to safari starting date and “no shows,” total safari cost is forfeited. The booking will be regarded as 100% confirmed and no refund whatsoever will be offered.
- If you are a “no show,” The Company shall be entitled to treat your reservation as cancelled without having given The Company any notice;
- Any request to amend or change a booking once it has been confirmed may be accommodated subject to space availability;
- No refunds are given (1) for lost travel time or substitution of facilities, (2) for itineraries amended after departure, (3) for circumstances arising beyond The Company’s control, necessitating alternative arrangements being made to ensure the safety and/or further participation and enjoyment of your safari, (4) if you do not appear for any accommodation, service, sightseeing or trip segment without notifying The Company, or (5) if you leave your safari after it has begun, or miss any scheduled sightseeing, activities, meals or accommodations.
Cancellations due to Covid-19
- Given the fast changing nature of the global pandemic, we urge those with bookings 61 days or more prior to arrival to defer to a later date. However, should a booking be moved to a season where rates are higher, we reserve the right to make a cost adjustment according to the higher rates charged.
- Deferred bookings which are more than 61 days before arrival: the balance of payments for the bookings can be made 60 days before the new arrival date.
- For bookings less than 60 days before arrival, cancellations due to any COVID-19 or pandemic related cause are normally subject to 100% cancellation. However, cancellation requests are dealt with on a case by case basis as terms as conditions vary with different suppliers.
It is mandatory that all guests have travel and medical insurance. We also strongly recommend that you obtain the following types of insurance, which are commercially available:
- Accidental death and disability
- Major Medical
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Loss of personal effects
- Trip cancellation
Contact number office hours and emergencies is +27 66 046 1572.